RC Nitro Cars vs. Electric RC Cars:
Which Type Is Best For You?
So which will it be...rc nitro cars or electric rc cars? If you haven't decided, don't worry. Here at RC-Car-Fun
you'll get the information you need to make a great decision. You may have noticed that I said "great
decision" instead of "right decision". That's because selecting an rc nitro car or electric rc car really isn't
about right and wrong.
It's more a matter of you being adequately informed so that you can select the type of rc car that best
matches your interest in this hobby -- and the level of effort you're willing to put into it. Use this
information to help narrow your decision. Here's an overview:
Electric RC Cars
- Use battery packs and electric motors for powering the vehicle.
- Are quieter and easier to use than rc nitro cars, but don’t quite have the power or speed to
- Off road electric rc cars can achieve speeds of 15 to 30 mph, while on road versions will reach
speeds between 20 to 40 mph.
- Have to be recharged about every 10 to 15 minutes. And it takes about 30 minutes to recharge them.
So you'll have to decide if you want to purchase extra battery packs that you can charge beforehand and
take with you.
- Because of their ease of use, these cars are recommended for beginners who may be trying to get an
initial feel for this hobby. But if your heart is set on getting maximum speed, then by all means consider an
rc nitro car.
RC Nitro Cars
- Run on specially formulated nitro fuel. It's not as combustible as gasoline, but it's still quite
flammable. And you'll also smell the exhaust vapors produced by these powerful machines.
- RC nitro cars can run about 15 minutes on a full tank of fuel. But as long as you keep the nitro gas
coming, they can run virtually forever.
- On road and off road rc nitro cars can reach speeds between 20 to 60 mph -- perhaps even higher as
your knowledge and skill level increases.
- Require more tuning and maintenance than electric rc cars.
- Are recommended for serious or experienced hobbyists.
As I already mentioned, whichever choice you make -- an rc nitro car or an electric rc car -- you’re sure to
find that the thrill of driving or racing it will keep you coming back for more!
More Articles on RC Cars
(1) Gas Powered RC Cars: Ready-To-Run vs.
(2) The Pros and Cons of Gas Powered
Remote Control Cars
(3) Tips To Keep In Mind As You Browse For Nitro RC
(4) Nitro Gas Cars: Should You Go with An On Road or Off
(5) Tips for Tuning Your Remote Control Gas
(6) Gas Powered Remote Controlled Cars
- An Addictive Hobby!
(7) Nitro Radio Controlled Cars - Off to the
(8) Radio Control Cars - How to Choose the Proper
(9) Radio Controlled Cars - Speed Junkies
(10) RC Car Parts - What You Should Know
(11) An Introduction to Remote Controlled
(12) Remote Control Cars - Common Terms You Should
I hope this information on rc nitro cars and electric rc cars has been helpful. Click here for more info on rc
trucks and rc cars.